May 1, 2012
History of Law Day in America:
- 1958: President Dwight Eisenhauer proclaims the first Law Day, Thursday, May 1
- 1961: Joint Congressional Resolution names May 1 as Law Day
- 1998: Law Day becomes part of the U.S. Code, USCA 36 section 11
- 1958-2011: Presidential Proclamations
- 2012: Law Day theme “No Courts, No Justice, No Freedom”
What does your community have planned? Tell us (Comment below) before midnight on Law Day to earn a free 2-week trial of WestlawNext. One password will be issued per small firm. And if your event is announced online, send us the link! We’ll help you publicize via Twitter (@WestlawSmallLaw).