September 17, 2012
Many researchers like to keep a paper or electronic summary of their research sessions. WestlawNext® makes it extremely easy to do just that. After you sign off of WestlawNext, you may view and print a session summary from the sign-off page, or you can have it emailed to you automatically.
Each time you sign off, a Session Summary will display the date, time, and events during your research session. The events listed are the same as the events in your online research history, including documents viewed, searches run, and other research activities such as KeyCite® events. If you would like a paper copy of the summary, you may click Print Session Details to send it to your attached printer.
Automatic Email Delivery
You can set your preferences so your session summary is automatically emailed to you each time you sign off. Follow these steps to set up automatic emails:
- Click Preferences at the bottom of any page
- In the Preferences dialog box, click the Billing tab
- Select the check box next to Email detailed session summary at sign off
- Type one or multiple email addresses in the To text box
- Choose a format from the Attachment Format drop-down list. The options include Microsoft® Word, Word Processor (RTF), WordPerfect®, or PDF
- Click Save
After this preference is set, you will see a confirmation of the session summary email when you sign off.
When the email arrives, the session summary will be attached in the format you selected during setup. Each of the research events will be hyperlinked so you can quickly return to them on WestlawNext.