February 6, 2013
- 115 Damages
- 115III Grounds and Subjects of Compensatory Damages
- 115III(A) Direct or Remote, Contingent, or Prospective Consequences or Losses
- 115III(A)2 Mental Suffering and Emotional Distress
- 115k57.36 Injury to Property or Property Rights
- 115k57.38 k. Pets and Other Animals.
Owner of dog could not recover damages for alleged embarrassment and humiliation which he allegedly experienced as result of possessing a three-legged dog because defendant shot the dog requiring amputation of one leg.
Brown v. Swindell, 198 So.2d 432 (La.App. 1967)
Suggested by Marie Erickson, Research Lawyer/Librarian, Law Library of Louisiana